Warehouse Manager (MPwmsn)
Location: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
£40,000 to £45,000
Sector: EngineeringJump to application form
My client is one of the most progressive and forward thinking companies in the UK. Although industry is very traditional and established they consider innovation and collaboration to be the main reasons they are leaders in their markets.
Below is a list of duties in the role but first understand that this is a leadership role. You will need to lead an established team not push them, if you are the right person for this role you will understand what is meant by this. The right person is likely to be offered promotion when the time is right into operations management at a more senior level.
Key responsibilities but not limited to: -
• Leading a team of 16 operatives and 2 supervisors across two shift patterns
• Ensure full compliance to all internal processes.
• Maintain stock accuracy in line with our internal KPI’s.
• Ensure a proactive approach is taken to warehouse stock levels.
• Manage and oversee the goods in and despatch operation.
• Resource Planning for the warehouse operation.
• Ensure all customer returns timely fashion and in line with process.
• Conduct absence management meetings for all warehouse personnel.
• Managing and co-ordinating daily and annual PI counts.
• A continual focus on employee engagement and the exploration of innovative ways in which this can be maintained.
• Proficient in the use of our Warehouse Management System (WMS) and all stock related functions.
• Manage service level issues are addressed, handled accordingly and the Customer Log updated in a timely fashion.
• Performance management and error management to ensure all internal KPI’s are met and service levels remain industry leading.
• Maintain high levels of housekeeping standards
• Manage adherence to company code of conduct policy ensuring any non-conformance is dealt with formally.
• Run quarterly 1-2-1 performance reviews with all warehouse personnel with the support of the operations manager.
You should have experience in:
• Experience in engineering or contraction products and advantage.
• Experience and success as Warehouse Manager operating in a fast-paced environment.
• Competent in the use of Warehouse Management Systems
• Enthusiastic, driven, proactive and focused.
• Persuasive approach with excellent change management skills.
• A lead from the front, on the ground manager with a target driven mentality
• Customer focused